One of the best things about getting older is seeing how much we’ve grown, learned, and evolved. That said, it’s not always fun to watch your skin age with you. But with natural anti-aging skin care, you can get your skin to be the best that it can be!
It’s not always about looking younger, but rather, helping the skin represent how youthful you feel on the inside.
Honoring your age, and taking care of the beautiful body that got you to this point is the key!
Here are some ideas for how you can get the best natural anti-aging skin care today.
How can I naturally improve my aging skin?
Before you spend all your time and money trying expensive products or procedures to help you look younger, try these 10 natural anti-aging skin care solutions!
- Moisturizer: For best results, moisturize your face and neck twice a day. After showering or bathing, if possible, you should take the time to moisturize your body as well. Keep in mind, not all moisturizers were created equal. Look for a product that has natural ingredients, and long lasting relief.
- Humidifier: Dry air will also dry you out. If you’re struggling with super dry skin, use a humidifier at night to help ease the air in your bedroom.
- Facial Massage: Every so often, treat yourself to a facial massage. This natural remedy stimulates blood flow, and leaves you feeling rejuvenated. Check out your local spa for professional services, or try the facial massage on yourself, DIY style.
- Stone Roller: Use this rose quartz face and neck roller to reduce inflammation, soften fine lines and wrinkles, and leave your face and neck feeling fresh and ready to go!
- DIY Mask: Don’t want to make a trip to the store? How about a trip to the kitchen! With just some oatmeal and water, you can make a super simple, and super relaxing face mask to try after a long week. Does it get more natural than that?!
- Drink Bone Broth: We know… it sounds scary. But bone broth is a super natural way to get the amino acids and minerals that our body needs. It also promotes collagen production, the leading protein for wrinkle free skin!
- Oils: Argan oil and coconut oil are two natural anti-aging skin care remedies with anti inflammatory qualities to achieve a lighter hydration for your whole body.
- Gua Sha: While this technique is primarily used on the body, rather than the face, it is a great natural anti-aging skin care solution because of its healing qualities. For muscle tension, pain, and inflammation, gua sha practitioners use a scraping motion for optimal relief.
- Sunscreen: Sunscreen is imperative when discussing natural anti-aging skin care options. While protecting you from harsh UV rays, it also prevents additional wrinkles, and limits the potential of skin cancer.
One trick: in addition to your face, make sure to apply sunscreen to both your neck and the back of your hands! The back of your hands, while frequently forgotten, receives just as much sun exposure as your face, and tends to develop just as many wrinkles over time.
10. Silk Pillowcase: A pillowcase is something most people use everyday, and something most people don’t give a second thought to. But what you rest your head on (for hopefully 8 hours a night — sleep is great for your skin too) matters! Reducing wrinkles and retaining moisture are two top notch things a silk pillow can do for you. Bonus: it even helps keep your hair looking luscious as you sleep!
As we grow older, finding a natural anti-aging skin care solution that works for you can be tricky. Try these 10 remedies, and for products to match, click here.