Sleep can feel incredibly elusive, especially when you need it most. When you wake up feeling groggy, it’s hard to get the day started. But there may be one simple key to a good night’s rest that you’re missing. We know that sleeping helps your skin, but can your skincare products help you sleep?
Your Nightly Routine
How consistent are you with your nighttime routine? Studies show that having a regular nighttime routine can aid your sleep patterns. That’s why a good skincare routine can make all the difference.
Not every night has to be a spa night, but try adding a little habitual pampering to your new years resolutions. Here’s what we would do:
- Start with a nice bath or shower, whichever your preference. Exfoliate your skin in the shower, and make sure to moisturize your whole body afterward. For moisturizer, we recommend the Anti-Aging Apple Cream for your face and neck. Pro tip: hang some eucalyptus in the shower to give it a nice, relaxing aroma.
- In your comfiest PJs, do a short stretch to ease your muscles from the long day you had. Stretching helps relieve the body from any stress your muscles endured during the day, helping your body remain still and relaxed when you get into bed.
- Give yourself a nice mani-pedi. When’s the last time you treated yourself to a nice, new polish from the comfort of your couch? Put on a good movie, make a cup of herbal tea, and get to pampering. Pro tip: turn off all screens at least 30 minutes before bed, cell phone included. Giving your brain time to rest will help in your transition into sleep.
- Before it’s lights out, use the Fièra neck roller to completely relax your face and neck, and then drift slowly into a nice, deep sleep. Remember, going to bed at the same time every night (within reason) will help regulate your sleep cycle.
For a daily nighttime skincare routine that doesn’t eat up your entire evening, we have a few suggestions.
- Fièra Citrus Serum: The first step in your nighttime routine should include this citrus serum. It will assist with skin tone evening, and with maintaining the skin’s elasticity. Spritz this on your face before your moisturizer nightly, and see results in no time.
- The Anti-Aging Apple Cream: As previously mentioned, using this moisturizer nightly will help revitalize your skin while slowly banishing any fine lines or wrinkles.
- The Fièra Neck Cream: Moisturizing your neck is essential. In the same way you’re aiming to tighten the skin on your face, tightening the skin on your neck will automatically make your skin appear younger, and brighter! Use this on a daily basis along with your other moisturizers.
Sleeping well is crucial to your overall health and for the appearance of your skin. The truth is, when you feel better, you look better. Do yourself and your skin a favor: get to pampering, and get to bed.
For more Fièra approved recommendations for skincare hacks and mature skin, click here.