In 2019, Pew Research Center reported that individuals 60+ years old spent at least four hours of their down time looking at screens per day. Studies like this show that the problem of screentime is not exclusive to the younger generation. Phones, TV, and the internet have, for many of us, taken over our leisure time. That also unfortunately often translates to less quality time spent with your partner.
Of course, it’s a lot easier to pop on a movie than to think of new date night ideas. But once in a while, it can be nice to mix things up! Plus… who doesn’t love a spa day? Pampering yourself will never go out of style, and doing it at home with your partner is a fun and cozy way to spend a night together.
Skincare is important for both men and women. Although skincare products and companies are often “made for women”, the same skincare rules apply to men and women alike. To put a fun, new twist on date night, try out this couples skincare routine!
- Cleanse: Before you begin, make sure that you and your partner both cleanse your face to remove any dirt, makeup, or excess oils that your skin accumulated throughout the day.
- Face Mask: Probably the most classic choice for skincare bonding is to do a DIY face mask. Look around the house to see what ingredients you already have, and try one of these DIY face mask recipes. It might get a little messy – but that’s half of the fun! To make it feel like a true spa experience, cut a few slices of cucumber to put over your eyes.
- Relax: While your face mask is on, just take time to relax and enjoy each other’s company. Maybe put on some music, or chat about your day. It sounds simple, but this type of quality time can be vital for the growth of a relationship – no matter how long you’ve been together. Be present and enjoy it!
- Grab Your Roller: After rinsing away your face mask, it’s time for the roller. While your face is feeling fresh, take your Fièra neck roller, and ease any fine lines and wrinkles. Have your partner do it for you, and vice versa, to encourage mutual self-care.
- Moisturize: This is an essential step for quality skincare. Using the Apple Cream by Fièra Cosmetics, enjoy deep relief for your skin’s hydration, and elasticity. Help your partner experience the joy of dewy, youthful skin, while also easing any fine lines and wrinkles.
A good skincare routine should not be reserved for women alone. If your partner has been reluctant to try new skincare products in the past, or if skincare has not been a priority in their usual routine, doing this together can be a great way to introduce new and exciting experiences.
After your skincare routine is finished, maybe make some herbal tea, give your partner a massage, receive one in return, then you could even start up a movie. Just by offsetting your screen time by an hour or two, you’ll gain quality time with your partner, and a new routine you hadn’t tried before. Give it a shot, and let us know what you think.