Many women believe that some hairstyles are too young or too trendy to try. Some women believe that age makes your appearance less relevant, and some women even believe that no one will notice your hair once you grow older. All of these assumptions are false.
No hairstyle is too out of reach, and you will not disappear into a black hole of oblivion when you age. Rock a hairstyle that makes you feel confident, flattered, and seen.
There might be certain hairstyles that come to mind when you think of a mature look.
For example, many women tend to go shorter with their hair as they age. Likewise, many women do not opt for more daring or eccentric styles as they grow older. Other women stick with the same hairstyle for decades out of comfortability and fear of trying something new.
Quick reality check: hair is hair. Even if you don’t like the final look, it will grow back.
Don’t worry about doing what you think you are “supposed” to do. Your age is not an indication of what you can or cannot do with your hair. (Aside from the desire to dye the color perhaps).
Try something new if you want to try something new! Do what makes you feel your best. If you would like to keep the same length and style you’ve been rocking for a while, that’s okay too. Let’s talk about different ways to rock each style.
8 Hairstyles To Try
With those truths in mind, let’s talk hairstyles to try!
- LOB: A lob is short for a long bob. A lob is usually longer in the front and shorter in the back, with the front pieces being as long as you want and the back being as short as you want. The angle gives you a nice edge to your look and is fun without being too crazy.
- Bangs: Any type of bang will automatically give your look a little more dimension. Whether you want to try a thicker straight-across bang, a lightly feathered bang, or curtain bangs, a nicely done bang will help elevate your look. Talk with your hairdresser about what type of bang will help lift your face and compliment your bone structure, and give it a try!
- Short & Layered: Many older women will go for a shorter haircut, so why not mix things up by throwing in some layers! Layers can help give your hair volume and lift the haircut off of your face, giving you the opportunity to show off your favorite features.
- Pixie Cut: A razored pixie cut (done well) is a classic statement look. If you prefer your hair shorter and you want to work with something funky and edgy, go for a pixie cut.
- Low Ponytail: If you have longer hair, you might be struggling to think of ideas for how to wear it. For those nights that you don’t want to pull out the blow dryer, consider sporting a low ponytail. Slick back the top part with a round hairbrush and center the ponytail at the base of your skull for an elegant, classic look.
- Clip Up: Claw clips are all the rage right now. They are incredibly versatile and work with almost any hairdo. Whether you want to clip your hair up into a faux bun or a faux ponytail, the claw clip will hold your hair without creasing it.
- Thick Headband: Another accessory that you can try is a thick headband. In many cases, these can look almost like crowns, so you can see why they make any look that much more elegant.
If you prefer to wear your hair shorter but you are uncomfortable with your neck showing, or you prefer to wear your hair long because you want to hide your neck, we’ve got you covered.
We know that wrinkles and lines on mature skin can be a cause of insecurity. Your skin naturally begins to sag as you age, but that is not the end all be all.
Don’t let your neck hold you back.
With Fièra Cosmetics’ Anti-Aging Neck Cream, you can reduce signs of aging while also hydrating and protecting the skin on your neck. The neck cream is full of active ingredients made specifically to diminish signs of sun damage, tighten sagging skin, and provide the necessary moisture your neck needs.
To learn more about Fièra Cosmetics and how to care for your mature skin, click here.