We all need a little pampering every once in a while. But between work, family, and socializing, it can be hard to find the time, and the money, to make a trip to the spa. So why not do it at home?
Take a break from the stress or anxiety that your day to day can bring. Take care of yourself, your body will thank you.
You might not think you have the necessary self-care tools… but you’d be surprised!
There are a lot of household items that can be easily turned into top-notch self-care tools for the perfect at-home spa day.
Here are a few ideas:
- Set The Mood: Every good spa is made great by its ambiance. Create an environment in your home that will automatically make you feel relaxed, and at ease. Put on your favorite playlist, dim the lights, and light some scented candles to kick your spa day off right.
- Steam Facial: All you need for a little at-home steam room action is a bowl of hot water and a towel. First, make sure your face is clean and free of any makeup. Then, bring water to a boil, remove it from the heat, and lean your face about 1 foot away from the bowl, with a towel over your head for about 5-10 minutes.
It might not sound glamorous, but this handy trick will help expunge unwanted toxins from your face, and leave you feeling super fresh. Then, use your Rose Quartz face and neck roller to rejuvenate your whole look.
- DIY Face Mask: There are a lot of DIY face mask suggestions out there. For the most natural ingredients possible, look to your kitchen for your at-home self-care tools! If you’re feeling fancy, an avocado mask is the way to go. Using one mashed avocado, egg whites, and some honey, you can give your face the special treatment it deserves.
- DIY Lip Scrub: Chapped lips are tough to take care of, especially in the winter, or in dry climates. For a DIY lip scrub your lips will love, combine honey and sugar, and gently rub across your lips. Bonus: a little sweet treat!
- Eye Care: Dark circles getting you down? There are a few easy solutions for under eye relief. Look in your local pharmacy for a simple under-eye mask, or try a cool gel eye mask. Don’t want to hit the drug store? Go the DIY route!
- Hair Masks: We’ve got the skin all taken care of, but let’s not forget about the hair! If you haven’t tried a hair mask before, doing it from the comfort of your own home is a great place to start. Whether you struggle from dandruff or oily hair, check out these simple recipes to get your hair feeling the best that it can be.
- Bubble Bath: It wouldn’t be an at-home spa day without a bubble bath! To wind down, grab your favorite bath bomb, get that essential oil diffuser going, sit back, and relax.
Afterwards, make sure to use your serums and your moisturizers!
- Mani Pedi: To end the night, turn on a movie and get that mani-pedi started. For the extra at-home-spa feel, give your nails a good buff and shine before the polish… and as always, don’t forget a top coat!
For more self care tools for the perfect at-home spa, click here.