Selecting the perfect outfit can sometimes seem like an impossible task, especially when you’re in a rush or feeling uninspired. And while accessorizing can always really bring a look together, picking out the right jewelry can make things even more difficult.
Luckily, there is a secret formula to necklines and necklaces. In this article, we’ll reveal a quick trick for accessorizing in a jiff.
11 Necklines & Necklaces
First, let’s talk about necklines and then get into necklaces. Whether you are sporting a dress, a blouse, a t-shirt, or a sweater, there are a few distinct necklines for every piece, and a thoughtful choice of a necklace to go with it.
- Scoop Neck: The classic U-shaped neckline is quite versatile when it comes to necklaces. You will likely be able to wear any necklace with this neckline, be it a statement piece, a traditional piece, a string of pearls, or a long scoop necklace. Play around and have fun with this one.
- Boat Neck: This open, straight-across neckline can be quite elegant. For that reason, pick a longer beaded necklace can balance out the neckline in a classy way.
- Sweetheart Neckline: Traditionally known for its popularity in wedding dresses, the sweetheart neckline is also often used in flattering eveningwear. Considering that the attention will already be drawn to the chest with this choice, you can decide whether you prefer to deflect attention toward your neck or accentuate your chest by opting for a noticeable necklace.
- V Neck: Another classic neckline, the v-neck / necklace pairing can depend on how deep the v is. A safe bet would be to feed into the v-neck by choosing a necklace that will follow that shape.
- Square Neck: A less traditional sister to the scoop neck, the square neck is also quite versatile. For that reason, the choice of the necklace is also really up to you and your taste. If you don’t want to draw too much attention to your chest, keep it small.
- Turtleneck: Naturally, one might think pairing a necklace with a turtleneck is nearly impossible, given how the neck is covered. While turtlenecks can be a nice standalone look, pairing a turtleneck with a longer, chunky necklace can elevate the whole outfit for whatever event necessary.
- Halterneck: With one strap wrapping around the base of the neck, a halterneck can be a fun alternative to a traditional spaghetti strap top or dress. Considering that a halterneck strap will go behind the neck, just like a necklace, make sure the necklace you choose does not have a clasp that will irritate you or will not get caught in the strap.
- Asymmetric: When one shoulder has a strap and the other does not, it’s considered asymmetric. Since this neckline will likely cut across the space in which a necklace usually sits, you should consider going bold with your necklace or ditching a necklace completely. Anything else will just get in the way of your stunning look.
- Bateau: Probably the most uncommonly known named neckline, the bateau neckline is a combination between boat neck meets scoop neck. It falls right below the collarbone, with straps on both shoulders. Long beads, a string of pearls, or a dainty necklace can all be good selections for this neckline.
- Illusion: The illusion neckline is one where the neckline appears to be sweetheart or halterneck style, but has a mesh or see-through material which joins the neck and the neckline. This style might not need a necklace, in some cases. There will already be attention drawn to the neck due to the illusion style, but if you do want to “do it up”, pick something thin and feminine that works with the colors of your top.
- Crewneck: This is a well-known style of neckline because most t-shirts, sweatshirts, and sweaters are crewneck style. A crewneck top can make a necklace feel unnecessary because you don’t want too much going on around the neck to have a balanced look. If you do choose to pair a necklace with a crewneck, keep it small and dainty. It might even sit underneath the shirt, which still dresses up the look at bit when a glint of a chain is visible.
How To Make Sure Your Neck Looks Fabulous
What good is a solid necklace and neckline if you don’t feel confident in your own skin? With the Fièra Cosmetics Neck Cream, you can be sure that the skin on your neck is looking and feeling its best. The neck cream has multiple active ingredients to blend any fine lines and wrinkles and to encourage collagen production which will tighten up your skin in a youthful way. Rock your outfit knowing you look just as fabulous as you feel.
Fièra is committed to providing the best anti-aging skincare products for mature skin” and link anti-aging skincare products to https://fieracosmetics.com
Want to empower yourself with resources to look and feel better? Read more articles on our blog.