When you have a good concealer, you might notice less of a need for an overall foundation. Perhaps you have used foundation in the past to achieve a full face coverage, or to even out your skin tone, but many women find less of a need for foundation over time. That’s where concealer comes in. And if you’re purchasing your concealer from an all-natural company like Fièra Cosmetics, you can be sure it’s doing good things for your skin.
Let’s get down to the details.
The Difference Between Foundation and Concealer
Foundation is typically a liquid product that matches your skin tone as closely as possible, made to coat your face as a base for additional makeup such as blush, or bronzer. Once foundation is applied, it makes it easier for the rest of your makeup to stay in place.
Concealer, on the other hand, is meant to provide spot-coverage. Concealer is a great way to ensure that all blemishes, fine lines, wrinkles, and under-eye bags will be covered with a smooth, beautiful finish. Additionally, when concealer is built for mature skin, it’s specifically designed to provide coverage without seeping into fine lines or wrinkles.
Surprised by the thickness of your concealer? Don’t be, the Anti-Aging Concealer by Fièra Cosmetics is made that way on purpose! To provide the best spot-correcting tool possible, your concealer should be a thicker liquid.
Tips For Using Concealer as Foundation
If necessary, you can use concealer more like foundation. It might be a little thicker coverage than you’re used to, but it can be done. When using a makeup product for something other than its intended purpose, it’s important to pick up a few tricks. Here are our suggestions:
- When purchasing the Anti-Aging Concealer, Fièra recommends that you select a shade lighter than your skin tone for spot coverage, and/or the shade closest to your skin tone for overall foundation use. If you intend on using it for both, take advantage of our special deal: buy 2 tubes and get one free.
- Warm it up with your hands. If your concealer feels too thick to provide extra coverage, try warming the bottle up with your hands, and squeeze a bit of the product onto the back of your hand before blending it into your face.
- Thin it out with moisturizer. If it still feels too thick for foundational use, combine the concealer with a bit of moisturizer. This is another trick you can use the back of your hand for. Simply put both products on the back of your hand, swirl them together with your finger, and voila!
- To achieve even coverage without excess, try using a short brush for proper distribution, and a smooth finish. That way, you can spread a small portion of your product over a large portion of your face. Don’t worry about reapplying. With just a few gentle sweeps, you’ll have a beautiful finish in no time.
- To lock in a solid makeup look, you can also pair the concealer with the Fièra Matte Finishing Powder to seal the deal.
To Shield & Protect
The beauty of a thick concealer is the ingredient capability. At Fièra Cosmetics, it’s important to include active ingredients in every product to ensure that your makeup is making your skin better. That’s why the Anti-Aging Concealer includes:
- Sodium Hyaluronate
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
- Hydrolyzed Collagen
With these ingredients, not only is your makeup working to make you look good, it’s making your skin feel even better! These active ingredients are combined specifically to rehydrate, restore, shield, and protect.
If you need a boost of moisture, check out the Fièra Apple Cream.
Not sure if your concealer is doing the trick? Make sure you’re buying from an all-natural company. At Fièra Cosmetics, all products are paraben-free, BHA & BHT free, fragrance-free, and cruelty-free. A brand that’s built for mature skin will always keep your needs in mind.
When you purchase the Fièra Anti-Aging Concealer today, enjoy free worldwide shipping, and a 100% no-risk 30-day money-back guarantee, if products do not suffice.
For more information about Fièra Cosmetics’ products, or for advice about how makeup can benefit mature skin, click here.