A great way to start a new habit is to have a partner who holds you accountable. Plus, who doesn’t love a little bonding opportunity?
A good nighttime routine is a great way to set yourself up for a good sleep, and a brighter morning. Here are our suggestions for a lovely nighttime skincare routine that works for both younger and older women.
- Step 1: Remove any makeup. If you wear makeup regularly, make sure to properly remove it before showering, cleansing, and moisturizing. If you don’t remove your makeup first, all the following steps will merely push the dirt and makeup into your pores, making the skincare routine far less effective. Pro tip: use liquid makeup remover rather than makeup wipes. The liquid makeup remover is gentler on the skin, and better for it too.
- Step 2: Cleanser. With a cleanser tailored to your skin type, make sure to wash and thoroughly clean your face. For cleansers meant for sensitive skin, talk to your doctor.
- Step 3: Neck Roller. For mom, this is a great way to ease any fine lines or wrinkles. For your daughter, it is a good way to soothe any blemishes or skin irritation. Pro tip: keep it in the freezer for extra soothing power!
- Step 4: Citrus Serum. Spritz this on your face a few times for maximum antioxidant power. With the use of powerful stem cells, this serum will protect, preserve, hydrate, and enhance your skin tone.
- Step 5: Eye Cream. Perhaps your daughter won’t feel the need to grab the eye cream quite yet, but it never hurts! Just dab a few pearls of eye cream under your eyes and you’ll be good to go.
- Step 6: Moisturizer. Potentially the most important step, moisturizing is key for all ages. It is the best way to prevent fine lines and wrinkles, and a great way to ease them later in life. Hydrating your skin nightly will enhance your skin tone, and leave your skin looking youthful and dewy.
- Step 7: Neck Cream. Finally, finish off this nightly routine with neck cream. Many people remember to moisturize the face but forget about the neck. In reality, the neck is just as important as the face in preserving skin elasticity.
After you complete this skincare routine, start easing into your night. Consider going screenless 30 minutes before bed for the best sleep you can get. Share a green tea with your daughter, and relax.
Remember that your products should be all-natural. For Fièra Cosmetics, that means paraben-free, fragrance-free, BHA & BHT-free, and cruelty-free. For more products by Fièra, click here. And for more tips and tricks for the best skincare suggestions, visit our blog.
Skincare doesn’t have to be complicated. And as a matter of fact, it can be fun! With these simple steps, you will be on your way to better skin in no time.
Share this with your daughter, and get started right away!