The beauty market is flooded with 20-something-year-old “influencers” targeting the ever-changing trends for teenagers and young adults. But where is the guidance for women over 50? Well, we’re here to tell you!
If you like staying up to date with trends, and enjoy trying out all the new makeup tips, tricks, and hacks, you’ve come to the right place. Sometimes all you need is a little tutorial to get the ball rolling, that’s what these beauty bloggers are here for.
The Top 6 Beauty Bloggers
In no particular order, here are our favorite beauty bloggers who are paving the way for women over 50.
- Pretty over 50: With tutorials, skincare routines, product recommendations, and frequent beauty blog entries, this site has got it all. The videos are super user friendly, and will likely leave you feeling much more confident about your makeup application capabilities. It also has an entire section entitled “GRWM” (Get Ready With Me), in which you can follow along and do your makeup with this blog’s fabulous leader.
- Hot & Flashy: This blog features a wide array of advice in the form of health, style, and beauty. With anti-aging skincare routines, holiday gift guides, and hairstyling tutorials, Angie is your gal! Our favorite part about this blog is its combined focus on health, wellness, and all things makeup. How you look and how you feel should go hand in hand. That’s what “Hot & Flashy” handles so gracefully both on their website, and in their YouTube videos.
- Fab Over 50: This beauty blog is a true community. Founded by Geri Brin, “Fab Over 50” aims to pour life into women who are in the thick of this phase in their lives. It covers health, style, and beauty, plus more traditionally taboo topics such as sex and plastic surgery. Want to be a part of it? Check out their book club, or submit a question! In this safe haven, women ask and answer each other’s questions about everything from cooking, and fitness, to career advice and menopause guidance.
- Sixty and Me: Sure, this is another beauty blog. But is it? This site covers everything. They feature advice about aging, health, travel, money, life, mindset, dating, and beauty. With conversations about downsizing, hearing aids, loneliness, solo travel, caregiving, sexuality, and “encore careers,” “Sixty and Me” really aims to embrace everything women over 60 might experience. They even have games! Whether you prefer to consume your content blog style, or you would rather opt for YouTube videos, “Sixty and Me” provides both options. Like what you see? Sign up for their newsletter.
- Dressed For My Day by Kay Harms: Kay Harms really uses her blog to emphasize the theory: look good, feel good. She will help you dress for the body you’re in, and guide you towards hair and makeup styles that will make you feel as fabulous as you are. She covers beauty, fashion, fitness, and uses her blog and her YouTube channel to reach women all over.
- Dominique Sachse: TV anchor and beauty blogger, Sachse has created a platform “Be Bold, Be Blessed” to focus on hair, fashion, makeup, and health for mature women. Her YouTube channel is filled with “how-to” videos, gift guides, home haircuts, workout videos, and fashion hacks. She does it all, and she wants to share it with you.
If any of these beauty bloggers appeal to you, don’t forget to subscribe to their channels and newsletters. Let’s lift each other up!