Having a reliable skincare routine can change your life. Starting a solid skincare routine might seem overwhelming, especially if you’re not sure what you should get or what you might need. In this article, we’ll talk about the reasons why consistent skincare is so important and what you can do to start it off right.
If you are not a person who is good at keeping up a routine, you might find it difficult to start. It does not have to be a complicated routine, but start with one thing that you know you can try to do every day. For example, start with a cleanser. Once you get accustomed to using a cleanser every day, you’ll get used to adding more steps to the routine.
Another way to establish a routine is to associate it with another activity. For example, if you like drinking coffee in the morning, put your water on to boil and then do your skincare routine as it’s heating up. A routine that is settled into another activity can be easier to maintain.
- Makeup Remover: It’s important to remove your makeup before you do anything else. This way, you won’t be rubbing your makeup into your skin when you use your cleanser or moisturiser etc.
- Cleanser: Twice a day you should use a cleanser to wash your face. This will help you start and end the day with a clean slate.
- Exfoliant (once a week): Once or twice a week it is a good idea to use an exfoliant on your face. This will help remove any dirt and help get rid of any dead skin.
- Serum: Twice a day it is a good idea to use a serum on your face to help balance out your skin and encourage elasticity.
- Moisturizer (face & neck): Using a moisturizer on both your face and your neck will make a huge difference in the effort of keeping your skin soft, healthy, and smooth. You can moisturize twice a day and any time after which your skin is exposed to water.
- SPF: You should also apply SPF every day to help protect your skin from sun damage. Sun damage will create fine lines and wrinkles and can cause discoloration or age spots to appear on your skin. No matter your skin tone, SPF is important.
Of the steps in our skincare routine, the serum is often the most surprising to others. A lesser known item, the serum is sort of like a secret skincare weapon. It can help even out your skin tone, diminish fine lines and wrinkles, improve skin elasticity while also protecting and preserving the skin. The Fièra Cosmetics Citrus Serum is specifically made for mature skin. With active, all-natural ingredients and all-natural practices, Fièra Cosmetics ensures that you are getting the right treatment for your skin, making your skincare routine as simple as possible.